Technology and 21st Century Learning
Technology can help meet the needs of different intelligences, different learning styles and different learning paces. Our 1-to-1 iPad learning will put these tools in the hands of every student for anytime learning. Some of the Benefits for our students at Griffin include:
- Improved writing skills and depth of students’ research.
- Increased student interest in learning and ownership of the learning process.
- Improvement in student and staff attendance.
- Reductions in student behavior problems.
- Increased parental interest in school activities.
- Improved student and staff morale.
- Reductions in lecture/presentation instruction and an increase in project based learning activities.
The district is currently in the process of updating and realigning our curriculum with a particular emphasis on five 21st century learning goals. The iPad initiative will help to enhance our development in each of these areas:
- Critical Thinking
- Digital Literacy
We want our students, who are living in the 21st century, to have a 21st century educational experience with a 1:1 learning environment.